Technology Goals For My Future Classroom

Technology has come a long way...

I have never been one who is exceptional when it comes to technology.  However, I feel that this class will be an extremely educational experience to enhance my career as a teacher.  Therefore, my personal technology goals for this course are as follows:
  1. To be able to create an online website that I can use as a teacher that will make it easy to interact with parents and post important information and classroom notifications for families to easily access.
  2. To be able to find and use vital online resources to enhance my teaching experience and help my students learn better and obtain the knowledge they need.
  3. To be able to become a better blogger and share my experiences as well as have more in depth online educational communications with other educators. 
Primarily, after reading the pencil metaphor and analyzing where I stand, I realized that I fall under The Wood of the pencil.  I feel that if I had more training and the knowledge of how to access more useful online educational resources, as well as someone to instruct me on how to complete technological tasks, then I will be able to achieve it on my own.  Ultimately, I feel that this class will help me to accomplish my goals, and by the end of the semester, I will become one of The Sharp Ones. After gaining knowledge, insight, and practice through this course, I will be able to willingly grab the best of it, learn from the mistakes of others, and administer exceptional lessons and activities with my students through the implementation of technology in my classroom. Ultimately technology has come such a long way, even from when I was in elementary, middle, and high school.  It just continues to become more advanced and present in the classroom, so as an educator, it is important for me acquire the necessary skills to have a modern day classroom.



Comments

  1. Michelle,

    Thank you for sharing your honest insight. I really appreciated the goal you set for yourself in terms of being the "sharp" one. I also enjoyed looking at the image you included on the history of technology in education. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drew TEACH Digital Literacy Conference

Evaluating Kahoot!

ISTE Standards: Learner Standard